Friday, August 17, 2012

All I Could Ever Need

Photo: by ~DeeLune

The sun fades as evening tip toes its way in, wrapping up the day with painted soft hues of blues and pink across the night sky.  It feels like it's been forever since my eyes have gazed upon such beauty, so calm and serene.  Life seems way too busy anymore.  I need balance.  I need more beauty.

My silhouette grows in detail against the large glass pane, as the evening sky becomes darker.  Green dress, black sweater and a soft, multicolored scarf wrapped snug around my neck.  I settle down in my chair; hot cuppa in hand.

Summer has basically come and gone. Autumn's stirring up a tease with her early morning lullabies of cool breezes and sweet scents.  Where has the time gone?  It seems like it was just yesterday my father passed, I resigned my job, moved to a new home and resumed my college endeavors.

My birthday is just a few days away, reminding me that it was just a year ago I last laid eyes upon my father.  I remember pulling my chair up beside his bed, stroking his arm and singing softly in his ear with hopes of bringing some small measure of comfort to his frightened heart and mind - of death standing at his door.

I'm thankful for the few friends that surround me, supporting and helping me push through my first birthday without daddy.  My heart is grateful and beyond words this very moment.  I soon realize it's these friends who give me balance and pour all the beauty I could ever need into my heart.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. It is so hard losing one you love so much. You are a strong and remarkable women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad, I know it crushed you.You are such a talented beautiful soul, I feel so honored to call you a friend, I enjoy visiting with you, I hope that you find beauty and balance, thats my wish for you!Be happy,

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for your loss but Happy Birthday at the same time! Beautiful photo and goes well with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every first is so tough...Hope you manage to find some joy in your Birthday ! Happy Birthday and many good wishes to you!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful and heart warming post! You will always miss your father, but you have to know, he loves you and is always with you! I wish you a very happy birthday and when you have a drink of your cuppa and a piece of cake, put some out for your father too and smile ;o) I am happy to call you my friend! You should be very proud of everything you have accomplished in a year! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful posy. thanks for sharing.
    dana

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig