Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Balancing my creative soul

I took a break from studies to toss together these cozy, little punkins.  I've really been missing my creative time these past few weeks.  There were several moments through the weekend where this little craving to just DOODLE kept nudging my creative soul.  Being a full-time student is challenging in many ways and doesn't always allow me to just stop all I'm doing to meet that inner creative need.  Sigh.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to return to school and get my degree and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.  The end results will be worth it all.

Have you ever had those moments where you're just so busy you fear losing your creative mojo?  It bothers me a little.  So, I'm going to do my best to join in on Diana's 10-minute warm up a few times a week to hopefully keep those creative juices flowing amidst all the hours of doing homework and taking exams.  :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you do to keep your creative mojo moving forward?  :)
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Glad you're listening to the creative whispers...they really will feed your soul so you're able to study better. Otherwise the whispers will just nag you and make you uncomfortable. Adorable punkins....

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I appreciate it. I like your idea of feeding the creative whispers to help me study better. :)

      Delete
  2. lovely. i like all hte color...fall is my fav time of year...the crisp air and all the color...i def need to get out and walk the trails a bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian! Fall is my favorite time of the year as well, with Christmas right behind it! Snow for football tackle and snowball fights! :D

      Delete
  3. oh how amazing to have you join me Alex!!!!! your pumpkins are amazing!!!! I am so happy you popped in and I hope you will join me more often!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do hope to join you a few times a week! I like giggles' comment above by feeding my creative hunger, it will help me study better! :D

      Delete
  4. Nice pumpkins! It's tough to be creative when you're busy and pre-occupied, good luck with that Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I LOVE punkins! hee Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  5. I love the pumpkins, good job Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pumpkins, they're so sweet and cozy looking together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I love punkins and it felt so good painting these. :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love your pumpkins! My creative mojo comes from life ;o) Everyday, something sparks within me ;o) Take care my friend ;o) I don't think you will ever loose your mojo! You are very creative!
    (I am back from having computer problems! Yepeee!)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig