Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WOYWW - Creative Heaven


Although I've not accepted anymore custom orders throughout the end of the year (simply to enjoy my wedding and honeymoon!), my desk is still busy with various illustrations and ideas that have been floating around in my head for months now.  Between classes four days a week, a part-time job at the school and misc illustration projects outside of these things, I've not really had the time to just sit down and let my mind wander on all things whimsical within my heart and soul.

I have to say, as much as I enjoy custom orders it is a wonderful artistic "break" to be able to do my own thing over the next few weeks.  This is something in which I feel is crucial in keeping one's creative mind fresh and flowing with bright, new ideas.  Uh huh.  It's much needed for me as I have several more Jolly Jake children's book covers to design as well as a new opportunity to draw children's illustrations for a non-profit organization.  Each of these are on my list for the coming new year.  Until then, I'm in creative heaven and thrilled to see my new ideas and designs coming alive on paper.  :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For more fabulous, creative desks, make sure to stop by Julia's place here.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I took a peak around your blog, your work is amazing. Congratulations on your marriage. #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding!! It's so nice to meet you via Julia. Do people say to you, "You guys are toast!"? Sorry, it's my sense of humor, I couldn't resist! Your illustration work is fabulous and I love your neat desk! Happy WOYWW and have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to WOYWW! Your designs are gorgeous I envy people who can draw.
    Have a happy week
    Lynda B #36

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, such work! Hope the wedding plans are going well. Helen 24

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Have a great life together. Enjoy being creative.
    Margaret #65

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about taking time out for "work creativity" to "pure creativity" and very important it is too. Have fun playing! #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, step back and relax a bit before your big day....learning to say no or 'turn down' immediate delivery work is a real life skill. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your desk is so organized, everything's in its place. my is always a mess.

    have a sweet day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is fantastic, nice space to work too. Congratulations, relax before the big day. Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment... Have a great week DeDe #5

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful space! I so very much seeing where your whimsy leads you, you art is so filled with love and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree with you, to be able to create freely is so important. Jobs are good too ;-)
    lovely to have a space like that to work in!! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love being in creative heaven ;o) Your work space is very special! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your desk looks perfect and so neat. It sounds like you have a lot going on and are enjoying every minute. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig