Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Sketches: A lifeboat of hope and love...



I'm terribly sorry but due to things going on and messing up Mr. Linky, Sunday Sketches has been canceled for this week.  Please do come back next week and join me for a round of sketching and what nots.

These darling purple tea cups are on the studio desk and waiting to be completed.  I doodled these earlier, trying to get my creative mojo back on track but so far, it appears to be temporary halted.  This has been a very challenging and sad week as my younger brother who's been struggling with homelessness in San Jose, California, lost his wife of 18 years to heart failure late Wednesday night.  Just the day before, while she was in the hospital, he was robbed of all his belongings as well.  It's been utterly heartbreaking for everyone involved.

This week's Sunday Sketches post is a little different than usual and I hope you understand.  With that said, I've created a Go Fund Me account and called it, "Gary's Life-boat" where others can donate (anonymously or not) to help me bring him home from California to Colorado.  I've shared some of his story and his needs. I'll be heading to Cali in a week or so to be with him for a week or two and then we'll return home with Mr. Toast to help him start his life once again.

Like myself, he's been through an incredible journey of abuse, heartache and loss.  He unfortunately chose drugs and alcohol at the beginning to deal with the pain.  Now, he's completed a rehab program and is drug/alcohol free and needs HOPE - he needs to believe in himself again and know there are still good people out in the world who care.

I'd like to leave you with one of the many songs he has written.  Here he is singing and playing:  "Inside I Fly Away"

All prayers, help and loving thoughts are much needed during this very sad time.

Thank you from the very bottom of my heart!

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Best wishes to you all at this sad time Alexandra. Your brother sings beautifully.

    Your purple cup doodle is lovely by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry for all that your brother has been going through.
    So sad to hear he lost his wife, my her memory always be a blessing to all that loved and lost her.

    Your brother has a beautiful voice!
    I will keep him in my good thoughts and prayers!

    Such a pretty sketch of the purple teacups ..

    Hugs to you in this sad time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear about what your brother is going through and hope that by you being there, you can get through this as a family. He is certainly a very talented musician, his song is very touching, which is a rare thing. Is there anywhere I can hear more of his music?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to you dear Alexandra and to your brother too. I feel so sorry for him.

    And I also like your tea cups! I love all your paintings more and more and more ... they always make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the peace of the Lord be with you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful purple cups drew me in...and your post left me in tears for your brother! Such a sad story we truly all need to hear the stories behind the faces, and the gorgeous music too!! My heart and prayers are with you hoping all the funds are met and more!! Wishing you all the best with this endeavor... Sending healing energy for your brother broken heart and yours too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family health and healing, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig