Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sunday Sketches (from England)

It's been an incredibly arduous week of long hours, working a little magic to finalize everything for my latest children's' book, "Ladybug! Ladybug!" Come Tuesday, you'll be able to purchase this darling book of poetry via Barnes & Noble and Amazon. Exciting! I've been working on this book for 11 months now and it's thrilling to see it finally come to life.

On that note, here's my recent (5.5" x 5.5") sketchbook illustration. I've been challenging myself to incorporate more detail in my daily warm-ups. This one is another childhood memory of my second oldest brother, Bob. He and I loved to play in the Autumn leaves in grandma's backyard. Of course, I just had to incorporate our Scottie dog to make it picture perfect.

Enjoy your Sunday! I'll be in and out today so will visit everyone when able.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

 
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Good morning Alexandra, I am of to bed in New Zealand and you starting your Sunday. I again love your colourful illustrations and how exciting about your book, you must be so proud.Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work today reflects perfectly what´s outside my window today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall memories, beautiful sketch! Congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your book! Your sketch captures the thrill of running through leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another adorable sketch and always so well done ~ And congrats on your book ~ Hope you are enjoying England ~

    Wishing you a wonderful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant Autumn illustration. We had a beautiful day here, so I hope you did too. Thanks for hosting once again. Have fun in those leaves! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation on finalizing Ladybug! I think it has been a great achievement now for you as you worked on this book for 11 months. I have a great admiration for your excellent work and your tireless discipline. This also encourages me to believe in my dreams as well. And how I love your enchanting sketchbook illustration! I wish I could stand there in the middle of all the colorful leafs dancing around me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a gorgeous autumn sketch, I can just imagine the little one crunching the leaves as he walks the dog.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is indeed darling! Your works have such wonderful charm. Congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really nice fall feeling to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexandra, looks like another fabulous week you have had and how exciting to be completing the ladybug project!! so very excited and proud of you!! Love your sketch of fall.... and I wish you a very nice new week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really enjoying this illustration! The texture of the sky is superb and all the details in the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats wonderful, I love all of your autumnal sketches, they are full of movement and colour and I would like to be in them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is so nice to know that you are still pushing yourself creatively. Congrats on the Ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely illustration and the perfect windy day image x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alexandra - so lovely to have found your blog...Love the leaves blowing illustration...:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful piece of work! I can relate to the little one in your drawing...that's the feeling I get when I'm outside on a brisk fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Unbelievable - once again I forgot to link up on Sunday even though I specifically posted an illustration this time - oh well. What a lovely memory and your sketch is simply beautiful. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love this image... for the leaves in my little realm are just beginning their fall.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the children's book! So exciting! I love your art! It is so special and filled with love! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes Alex, it has been a long 11 months, but it has indeed been well worth the wait. I am so excited seeing our book finished and ready for purchase! I could not have done it without you. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. :) And that most recent sketch is just darling! So happy you added the little Scotty. I know how you miss him. Loving all your posts! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig